Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recipes: Taco Bell Tacos

If you didn't know already: I love to cook. I'm always up for trying new things (well... admittedly I do have some limitations); especially if it's a mock-up recipe of a popular restaurant or store-bought meal. And every once and a while I will find a mock-up recipe that is just to die for. And this one that I'm about to share with you is one such mock-up recipe.

Now I can't take credit for this as I found it on another website (which I give all credit to), but I just had to share it because it is tremendous and pretty dang close to the real thing. This, as the title suggests, is a recipe for Taco Bell tacos.


Ingredients
  • 1 pound of Ground Beef
  • 1/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tablespoon of Chili Powder
  • 1 teaspoon of Salt (I think it could use a little less, but it's up to you)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Minced Onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder
  • Dash of Garlic Powder (I used Granulated Garlic)
  • 1/2 cup of Water
Instructions
Do not brown the meat! Instead, put the raw red meat in a medium or large bowl and then add everything except the water in with it. Then, use your hands to squash and mix it all together. The meat will take on an orange-y color. Now, put a skillet on the burner, medium-high heat, and add the water to it, then plop the meat right in there. Break it up, stir it around, adjust the heat higher or lower if needed. The result should be soft, sort of creamy-ish consistency with no large chunks and not too water-y. Meaning: it should be about the same consistency as a Taco Bell taco.

According to the creator of this recipe, this should serve about 12 tacos-worth.

And that's it. Like I said above, I think I will use a little less salt next time. But regardless, definitely the best home-made taco recipe I have ever tried to this date.

So, there you go. Oh, and if you look at the link provided above and scroll down there is a secondary recipe that utilizes some different ingredients. I haven't tried that one yet, though. Basically, by the way, I found this recipe by just Googling "Taco Bell taco recipe", and it was the very first website that popped up. So many thanks to the folks over at everwonder.com for a fantastic mock-up recipe.

Eventually I am going to be trying some recipes I found for Chinese Pizza (also called Chinese Scallions). So, if it's a winner, I will definitely post it on here. Also I will eventually be sharing the Historical Harrison spaghetti sauce recipe.

Hope you enjoy your tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment